Books by or about People with Chemical Sensitivities
- NEW! Buillding a House for Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, Christa Upton
- Chemical and Electrical Hypersensitivity: A Sufferer’s Memoir, Jerry Evans
- Living with Multiple Chemical Sensitivities: 31 Narratives of Coping Gail McCormick
- A Canary’s Tale, Jacob Berkson
- Amputated Lives: Coping with Chemical Sensitivity, Alison Johnson. An excerpt is available at The Chemical Sensitivity Foundation.
- The Canaries (Photo Documentary), Tilde Jensen
- What Not To Do When You Come Down with MCS, Lee Rudolph. Please contact us if you have any information about this book or one with a similar title.
- Convenient, “Safe”, and Deadly, Flora Preston. To see a summary and more information about the book visit the author’s website.
- The Dispossessed: Living With Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Rhonda Zwillinger. A photo documentary.
Books about Chemical Sensitivities
- Strategies for Surviving Chemical Sensitivity, the Basics, Dr. Robert S. Mayor
- Multiple Chemical Sensitivity: A Survival Guide, Pamela Reed Gibson. Chapter Four is available at The Chemical Sensitivity Foundation.
- Explaining ‘Unexplained Illnesses’: Disease Paradigm for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, Fibromyalgia, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, and Gulf War Syndrome, Martin L. Pall
- Endangered Brains: How Chemicals Threaten Our Future, Kaye H. Kilburn
- Defining Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, Bonnie Matthews
- Killing Us Softly: Chemical Injury & Chemical Sensitivity, Dr. Mark Donohoe. Free online.
- Chemical Sensitivity: A Guide to Coping With Hypersensitivity Syndrome, Sick Building Syndrome and Other Environmental Illnesses, Bonnie Matthews
- The Allergy Self Help Book, Sherry Faelton
- Chemical Exposures, Low Levels High Stakes, Ashford and Miller
- The Autoimmune Epidemic: , Donna Jackson Nakazawa
- Staying Well in a Toxic World, Lynn Lawson
Healthy Housing and Pesticide Alternatives
- Homesick, Susan Abod (Video)
- Understanding Ventilation, Healthy House Building for the New Millennium (and others) John Bower
- Creating a Healthy Household: The Ultimate Guide for Healthier, Safer, Less-Toxic Living, Lynn Marie Bower
- Home Safe Home, Deborah Lynn Dadd
- Prescriptions for a Healthy House, Paula LaPort, E.E. Baker
- Sick House Survival Guide, Angela Hobbs+
- The Healthy Home: Simple Truths to Protect Your Family from Hidden Household Dangers, Dave Wentz and Dr. Myron Wentz)
- Building Materials for the Environmentally Hypersensitive Published by Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corp 1995
- Common Sense Pest Control Unknown. Please contact us if you have any information about this book or one with a similar title.
- The Best Control 2 Encyclopedia of Integrated Pest Management Stephen Tvedten
- Integrated Pest Management in Multi-Family Housing, HUD. Please contact us if you have any information about this book or one with a similar title.
- Clean Air Plants, The Stay-at-home Scientist
- Interior Landscape Plants for Indoor Air Pollution Abatement, NASA
- Access Board Report on Indoor Environmental Quality
- Healtheir Hospitals Toni Temple
Books About Detoxification
- The Detox Strategy, Brenda Watson
- Toxin, Toxout, Bruce Laurie and Rick Smith
- From Toxic to Not Sick, Susan Summers
- Detoxify or Die, Sherry Rogers
- The Body Toxic, Nena Baker
- Mercury Detoxification Simplified, William Rasmusen
Disability and Legal Books
- How to Get and Keep Medical Disability, Unknown. Please contact us if you have any information about this book or one with a similar title.
- Toxic Tort, Medical and Legal Elements, Earnest Choido
- Get What’s Yours: The Secrets to Maxing Out Your Social Security, Laurence Kotlikoff, Philip Moeller and Paul Solman
Books About the Environment
- Our Stolen Future, Theo Colburn
- When Smoke Ran Like Water, Devra Davis
- Disconnect: The Truth About Cell Phone Radiation, What the Industry Has Done to Hide It, and How to Protect Your Family, Devra Davis
- Our Toxic World, Doris Rapp
- Silent Spring, Rachel Carson
- They’re Poisoning Us!: From the Gulf War to the Gulf of Mexico An Investigative Report, Arnold Mann
- Slow Death by Rubber Ducky: The Secret Danger of Everyday Things, Bruce Laurie and Rick Smith
- Lethal But Legal: Corporations, Consumption, and Protecting Public Health , Nicholas Freudenber
- Trespass Against Us: Dow Chemical & The Toxic Century, Jack Doyle
- Toxic Deception: How the Chemical Industry Manipulates Science, Bends the Law and Endangers Your Health, Dan Fagin and Marianne Lavelle. There is a review here.
- Living Downstream, Sandra Steingraber
Persons with disabilities that prevent them from reading or holding paper books can use the free library for the blind available from the Library of Congress and the American Foundation for the Blind. The disability can be a non-visual physical disability and needs to be certified by a nurse, doctor, or therapist. SSD diagnosis is not required. The Library supplies a free tape player and the loaned “books” are on memory cards that are fairly easy to clean and air out compared to paper books. At least one MCS Friends member uses this service regularly.
Or call 888-657-7323 for more information.